You have no items in your shopping cart.
According to Donato, when we place ourselves in boxes of who we think we should be, we lose the opportunity to discover ourselves. For him, it was the pressure to be an engineer that prevented him from finding his purpose in life for so long. Even though coming to the realization that he was on the wrong path was difficult, the best thing Donato ever did was get honest with himself. On his path to getting honest, Donato explored and got certified in the Wim Hof Breathing Method and trained to get a black belt in the mixed martial arts practice of Budokon as well as becoming an accomplished meditation teacher.
Tune into this week’s episode of Healerology to learn more about the importance of meditation, being present, and trusting the process, so you can find healing and live honestly.
• “The inflection point for me to start looking inside was when I put myself in a box of having to be an engineer even though I didn't fit in it. It just was very uncomfortable, I was not happy and I was hitting a wall that I hated.” (07:40-08:00)
• “I was losing the opportunity to discover myself by only using a small part of my existence.” (12:23-12:30)
• “Martial Arts gave me a sense of self-reliance, security, and trust that I didn't have.” (13:29-13:39)
• “In martial arts school, part of the system is to check in regularly on how your life is doing. Everyone was encouraged to have their own identity, personality, desires, and their own goals and we would all support each other in it.” (21:33-21:48)
• “If you're present and you act honestly, you're going to be happy and you're going to heal.” (29:42-29:46)
• “You may be a lot more capable of what you're giving yourself credit for, but you're just not experiencing enough of life to use your essence for different things.” (56:11-56:23)
• “We're here to experience everything, the sad and happy, the blissful and the painful. All of that is within our capability. So if you just show up and just experience bliss, you’ve lived a blissful life but you didn't live a full life.” (57:14-57:30)
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE AND PODCAST DO NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE.
The information, including but not limited to, text, audio, graphics, images and other material contained on this website and podcast are for informational purposes only. No material on this site or podcast is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website or heard on this podcast.